Sunday, January 15, 2017

(Other) Reasons to Not Quit Your Day Job

Hello, loves!

Hope your week, despite the madness, has gone well.

My week has been odd.

But that leaves me open for other forms of entertainment.

For example, people watching.


Mostly, I've been noticing my coworkers. I've had  a lot of free time recently to pick up on some of their quirks.

And, boy, are there quirks.

I love the people I work with. I love the environment and where the job takes us.

There's so much to take in and so much, if you've even expressed a little interest in psychology, to trace back to reasons.

Example, one of the men working with us without fail dresses to the nines. Better than any of us do. Always has his hair done right. Always shirt tucked in.

But he passes by a mirror, sweeps both his hands up through his hair and puckers up.

Accurate.
It took the rest of us so long to figure out he was a narcissist because it took a long time before he noticed where the mirrors and reflective surfaces were.

There's a lot more than physical markers.

But I don't want to break down his words.

We're all products of things that happened to us.

For example, there's a girl who always sweeps the sights in every direction, scans faces, and is aware of the sounds of a parking lot as she leaves, clutching her keys like a weapon as she walks.

She had a stalker before.

People are products and don't generally hide their characteristics when they feel comfortable with their surroundings.

Some people are incredibly colorful.

People can be hammered out of their skulls and still conduct business like a sober person. People can be terrifying in person and be incredibly patient on the phone.

Being forced out of the house or your usual writing space is so healthy. Your brain has to figure out what it's seeing and what the body is experiencing. It pulls it off the same tired treadmill before it wears it down to nothing.

Seeing others, every person is a world all by themselves. How they see the world is so incredibly different than the way you see it, even if you don't realize it.

Real Life Jobs might get in the way of creativity sometimes, but it definitely makes you work with what you got. Believe it or not, it actually helps you start your creativity processes.

Think about it! You need to be clever to work sleep, food, and Real Life with creativity.

I have actually been writing AT work. Yeah. It's been one of those quiet weeks. Not even sure why, but I've been penning some notes about a story I did for NaNoWriMo and never finished.

So far so good. I'm really into it but it's the type of writing I've considered for years and never had the guts to do. Writing for visual entertainment. (I'm not sure if I'm going to fit into a movie or a mini series yet. Still in the development idea.)

I have no idea what will happen. I don't have even a 50% hope of actually making it to the written stage, but it's a change of pace. I'm all about resetting these days.

Now I've got to review a few movies. Some for research, some for curiosity's sake.

Have a beautiful Sunday!