Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Movie Night with Author L.M. Augustine

Tonight we have L.M. Augustine and his debut contemporary CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE, available now.

135,789. That’s how many subscribers sixteen-year-old West Ryder has on his web vlog series. But he only has eyes for one of them. Turns out, she's his best friend.

Exciting, no? Let's see the movie!

1.) Who's playing who?

West would definitely be, as my friend Helen Boswell correctly pointed out, a younger Austin Butler.

I picture Cat as Ariana Grande, with the same color red hair and everything.

West's mom is not exactly alive throughout the book, but I think of her as a lot like Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side. Strong, passionate, and a little bit old-fashioned.

West's dad... okay, for him I really have no idea. I don't have much a physical image of him in my head; he's more defined by his personality.

2. Who do you want to write the screenplay?

I would LOVE whoever wrote Pitch Perfect to do the screenplay! That movie was so off-beat, brilliant, and well written, and I like to think of Click as having the same dorkiness, insecurities, and awkward romance as presented in Pitch Perfect. The two aren't the exact same stylistically, but there are some similarities. Plus, the Pitch Perfect writers really nailed their creation of fresh and interesting characters (Fat Amy, anyone?), which would be my number one goal for a Click movie.

3. Have a director in mind?
I'd say Jason Reitman! He does a lot of quirky stuff.

4. Producer?
Anyone who gets the book, really. :-) No preference here!


5. GOOD ANSWER. On to my fave: Who HAS TO be on the soundtrack?

Phillip Phillips! I feel like his Gone, Gone, Gone fits the book perfectly. Not only about West and Cat, but if you get rid of the more sexual parts, it can also be about West and his mom. Overall, though, the theme and voice of the song is a lot of what's in the book. (I also like the music video, because even though none of the actors look like Cat and West, the baby pictures and snapshots and memories and everything really show how well the two love interests are connected--like with Cat and West.)

6. I am now married to your soundtrack. But what's the line on the poster?
Hmm. The first thing that comes to mind is "West is in love with a girl... too bad she doesn't exist." but that is not very indicative of the mood of the book. So let's just say that I should not be given the poster line task if my book became a movie. Ha!

 7. Bahaha. TRUE. *severe look* What did I miss?
Thanks for having me!
~
~
Thanks for playing!

Add CLICK to your GoodReads here.