Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the jacket

I am not a professional and this is all a product of me avoiding writing.

So I picked up colored pencils and drew a rose and flying petals.


On deviantart

That was one thing. (Also, the rights to the picture *are* mine.)

Then, another day, I needed stock for a cover while I brewed story ideas over. (Read: didn't feel like working.)

But I didn't have anything to play with but the rose. 'Eh,' I thought. 'What the hell?'



The problem is that this cover's too grown up for my story. Too light.

Of course, I love this thing to death but I don't write the kind of stories it wants.

And then I thought of my friend who complained about buying images or rights and everything in order to promote and sell her book. (She ended up not doing it.)

I know a lot of people feel the same way.

I thought of the cover and someone out there has to love it or need it or want it.

I won't feel bad if no one does (I'll get to keep it,) but I thought I should try.

So, here's what I'd like:
-if you think it's a good match for you, tell me
-no, you don't have to know me. You don't even have to like me.
-you don't have to follow or anything but you have to promote it. Who knows? I might see you looking out for others and fix a cover just for you.
-if you use it, tell me what the links are so I can put them on my blogs
-you can name me as the creator but only if you want to. Either way is cool with me.
-you don't have to be self-published or in the business to. But I'd really like it if you were. *bats lashes*

What else am I forgetting? Oh yeah, it IS a giveaway and some things are customized (frame on author pic, etc.) but I can't change the flow of it anymore.

And I do have another one (that I didn't make a jacket for.)


deviantart hated this picture for some reason


Leave a comment  and I'll pick a winner on Monday November 5. :)


EDIT: you must comment to enter. Otherwise...how will I know? O.o

Also, someone made me realize that this isn't the first time I did book covers OR photography.

Here's where some of my photos are. And here are more things I made:





The Internet's bizarre and did something to this one
There are others that I can make. Like this one, for example:

Sorry for the bulky words. I screwed up.
So, I can make different book covers if you'd like. So yeah. If you see something you like, let me know in the comments. REMEMBER Novemeber 5th.

And yeah, I might just give you guys a cover for the heck of it. Though this time, it's purely giveaway. Next time I might just want to know what your book's about. :) (SO NOW'S YOUR CHANCE.)
Deviantart
Tumblr
Facebook
Twitter