Wednesday, September 28, 2011

how to get me to comment on your blog

From the creator(s) who brought you that other how-to blog post on here, comes: HOW TO GET ME TO COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG!

I know you guys have been waiting for this one. I can feel it. (But I am a little crazy and pretend to feel the weather changing too even though I've never broken a bone.)

Let's see. Where to begin. It's not as hard as it seems. First, if you really want my opinion, shove your blog in my face. Use a catchy title or lie to me, flat out.

Once there, I won't read a block of writing but if your paragraphs are small, I'll forget why I came to your blog and read it.

Next, make sure you have voice. I don't know what to say about that. I have no blogging voice. Blogs aren't my dealio so that's up to you, Captain Underpants.

And last, make sure I can comment. If things ask me to do stuff after I type up a reply, likely I'll navigate away and throw the comment out of my head. No pop-ups or whatchamacallits. Human verifiers. They're annoying and I have tech trouble as is :P

Also, I liked weird pictures. Those are a bonus and if you have shiny pictures, I will come back and follow your blog. (YOU HAVE TO MAKE FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG EASY TOO!)

Don't tell the author she doesn't follow her own rules. She barely has a blog and barely knows how to use it. But this is for YOUR benefit. Not hers. She'll forget this post after awhile.